DURING THE JOB
- The greatest need after the job starts is good communication. Make sure that your project is properly permitted and that all contractors on the job site are licensed and insured.
- Establish means of communicating with your contractor, e.g., fax, cell, business phone numbers, and email address, as well as a contact person.
- Make sure the contractor has addressed job details, i.e., obtaining all necessary permits, rubbish removal, phone use, parking, toilet, etc., before any work starts.
- Set up a reasonable time schedule and, if timely completion is critical, include a penalty clause in the contract.
- Check that the materials are neatly stored and the job site is clean. This ensures job safety.
Inspect the work before making progress payments.
- Write down any change requests, issues or problems to prevent miscommunication.
BEFORE THE FINAL PAYMENT > >