BEFORE FINAL PAYMENT
- The three most common complaints are:
- Job abandonment
- Shoddy workmanship
- Outright fraud
- Request a meeting with the contractor to discuss “punch list” items necessary for completion.
- If the contractor does not respond to the problems, send a certified letter to his or her business address.
- Never make final payment unless the job is complete to the specifications of the contract. Make sure you get what you pay for.
- Finally, if the contractor did not complete the job or respond to problems, contact the authorities.
Remember, the bitterness of poor quality & no return calls lasts long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten!